cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM - Status: Partially Online

WarrenVella
Level 2

I have successfully installed NOM on a Windows 2003 Server and have added the master server which is a Solaris 10 machine, however I am getting Status: Partially Online. I have also noticed that FT Monitor and Job Monitor are down. I can see reports on Drives, Services..etc however i cannot see jobs that have run.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

6 REPLIES 6

Jim-m
Level 5

This is one many false error messages in NOM

If you dopn't have FT (fibre transport licensed) and enabled then this pops up.

After a have it may go away

WarrenVella
Level 2
The problem I am having though is that I cannot see any jobs that recently ran on the NOM Server. Is there something I need to enable on the Master Server? I have added the NOM server to the servers list on the master server.

bostjanr
Not applicable

Hello,
did you solve that problem?
Regards,
Bostjan

TimBurlowski
Employee Accredited
We've made a major push to  address this issue in 6.5.4.

The fixes included the following.

* Changes to NBSL to make it more robust, less susceptible to the issue
* Some changes to make it easier to support certain network configurations which led to partially online for some customers
* Changes to the web ui so that it's clear why an error occurred

If you open up a support case, they should be able to provide the latest binaries which may bring relief to the issue now. They'll be able to diagnose the problem from the logs.

So far for in my lab, 6.5.4 seems rock solid and always 100% connected on systems that had the "partially online" status all the time in 6.5.3.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I get this every now and then.  like when networks does something and we lose the connection.

on nom go to
Monitoring/Master Servers
on left choose the server that you are having issues with
then below you will see
disable data collection - choose that then hit F5 until it shows the down arrow and the status says offline
now choose enabel data collection - and hit F5 until it show up and the stauts says online - you should now be able to get all your info.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Netbackup Version  6.5 is fully based on "F5"; Netbackup has to Thank Microsoft for this :)