cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM connection to Service Monitor is intermittent

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I am running NOM 6.5.6 on a Winodws 2003 R2 host and have it pointed to a NBU master that is on a UNIX host.  Everything looks fine except the fact that the connectivity to the Service Monitor is intermittent.  Under the Data Load Status it will go from connected to not connected every few minutes. 

I have read forum entries about similar behavior but I have tried the recommended actions of Disabling and the Enabling the Data Collection:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/nom-job-monitor-showing-not-connected-data-collection-faile...

This does bring back the connection but after several minutes the connection status will again change to not connected.  I know that there were known issues with earlier releases and that those were supposed to be addressed.  However it seems that as late as 6.5.4 some were still experiencing the issue:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/nom-problem-master-server-shows-partially-nom-console

Has this issue been addressed?  Is this still a common problem or is there some way for me to remedy this behavior.  I have runthe NOM support script and am looking over the files but there is quite a lot to review and thus far I have found nothing useful.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Android
Level 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
was expecting post to be updated by someone more knowledgeable overnight!) was the following:

A list of NetBackup Operation Manager (NOM) fixes included in 6.5.4
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321327.htm

[[ There is no NOM update for 6.5.5]]

Snippet:
"...
Problems fixed in the NetBackup Server eebinstaller.1520708.1* installers:

ET1462086   - Job monitor goes down after about 15 minutes and does not collect data
ET1461611 - nbsl gradually leaks memory and file descriptors and needs to be restarted.
ET1487029 - NOM alert for stopped services shows media server services down for nbpem/nbjm etc, but these only run on master.
ET1536441 - Data collection failed on NOM654   [[***my highlight***]]

To obtain this bundle, please contact Symantec Technical Support quoting this TechNote and Etrack 1520708
..."

Absolutely no idea of its relevance as anything I could find for ET1536441 (which I can't seem to find now!) did not seem to fit - may be worth placing a call to see if this bundle will solve your issues?

Android
Level 6
I have uninstalled NOM, checked for the // in the registry key that is a noted issue for re-installs before reinstalling.  It was not there so we re-installed following the steps exactly as they appear in the guide.  Now multiple NOM monitors are not connected. 

Any ideas from anyone?  I've triple checked the installation and we are now further behind than when we started.

Andrew_K
Level 3
Partner

Are the Netbackup binaries on the NOM server at the same level as your Netbackup Master Servers?