cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM download

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

We are using netbackup 6.5.3.1 and solaris X86 as the server. I am planning to install the NOM. I have downloaded the base pack for NOmM "NetBackup_6.5_OpMgr.tar.gz". There is no packages availble of X86 in the site. But for 6.5.4 there is packages of NOM for X86. Can u help me to download the packages of 6.5.3 of  X86 Arch
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See the (needs to have 6.5.6 added!) chart in this TechNote:

DOCUMENTATION: Which versions of NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM) can manage which versions of NetBackup master servers?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/295597

You can administer from NetBackup 6.0 MP5 up through 6.5.5 masters on a 6.5.4 NOM server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NOM for Solaris x86 was introduced with 6.5.4. Extract from NBU 6.5.4 Document Updates:

NetBackup Operations Manager can now support the following platforms:
■ Linux RHEL 4.0, 5.0, 64 bit
■ Windows Server 2003, 64 bit
■ Solaris SPARC 9.0, 10.0, 64 bit
Solaris x86 10.0, 64 bit

NOM server on 6.5.4 should be able to manage 6.5.3 master.

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you. I will download the 6.5.4 NOM for X86 and install it. Will it maintain master with 6.5.3 or Am I need to upgrade master  to 6.5.4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In theory it should work, but you will only know once you try.
It is in any case a good idea to upgrade NBU. Upgrades contain fixes as well as new features.

mubarack_s
Level 6

thank u ...

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See the (needs to have 6.5.6 added!) chart in this TechNote:

DOCUMENTATION: Which versions of NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM) can manage which versions of NetBackup master servers?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/295597

You can administer from NetBackup 6.0 MP5 up through 6.5.5 masters on a 6.5.4 NOM server.