cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM not listing any servers

Michael_Fisher
Level 4

I have installed NOM on a client Windows 2003 server, updated to 6.5.6 but I am not seeing the master (also Win2003) or any other servers. What do I have to change to get the servers?
3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"...
To add a managed NetBackup server
1 In the Context pane, select the server group level where you want to add theserver.
2 Click the Add master server icon.
3 In the Network name or IP address field, enter a host name, a fully qualified server name (server.domain), or an IP address. This field is required. Any IP address is accepted, but unresolved network names are not accepted. Optionally, you can use Locate to determine if the NOM server can connect to and talk to the NetBackup master server. Master servers must be running NetBackup release 6.0 MP5 (or greater) to communicate with NOM 6.5.
4 In Display name enter a name for the server.
You can use duplicate display names (you can change the display name later). You can use special characters. The server name is optional and if left blank, NOM uses the network name.
5 Click OK when you finish.

An error appears if the NOM server cannot connect to the NetBackup master server on the network.
..."

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Operations Manager Guide

Michael_Fisher
Level 4

I tried the IP address but I get an error that the server cannot be located. The Master is on the same subnet. I can ping the ip and name.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"...
Managed NetBackup servers without NBAC configured
These servers do not have Symantec Product Authentication Service and NBAC installed or configured (no root + AB brokers are installed).
Make sure you configure these managed servers to allow server access and data collection by NOM. The NOM server name must be added to the trusted server list on the managed server. Use the Host Properties node of NetBackup Management on the managed server to add the name of the NOM server.
..."
i.e. add the NOM server to the Master being monitored:
Host Properties -> Master Servers -> master server -> Servers -> Additional Servers