cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SCOM 2012 MP for NetBackup 7x

fosterk1
Level 2

Can you tell me what the latest version of the SCOM MP for NetBackup 7x is and where it can be downloaded from? What are the plans or timeframes around updating the MP's for this and other products such as EV?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think there is only a Maintennce Pack for SCOM 2007 for Netbackup unfortunately

The SCOM 2007 MP can be found here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139344

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

as far i recall, there were no SCOM pack released for NBU 7.x

As NBU is bundled with OpsCenter which is best anyways.

Give a try on OpsCenter.

Any specific reason or feature you rely on SCOM ... pls highlight so Symantec team can look into it if it can be incorporated by means..

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think there is only a Maintennce Pack for SCOM 2007 for Netbackup unfortunately

The SCOM 2007 MP can be found here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139344

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

fosterk1
Level 2

I did find the older pack,  thank you.  Would be nice if they would update these.  Our customers want the single pane of view and extended monitoring SCOM brings in.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i guess you can add NBU as custom application to monitor... If you familiar with NBU services and its behaviour it should not take more time for you to configure rules to monitor it. :)

Give it a try or check if SCOM can pull SNMP traps from OpsCenter..(do verify if SCOM can decode those SNMP traps and set configure rules and alerts you need,

OpsCenter is quite mature now for monitoring etc.....