cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need TIPs to design a SLA for Veritas Netbackup Server

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Need TIPs to design a SLA for Veritas Netbackup Server which I want to purpose for Clients. Any person who has SLA of Netbackup kindly share the important points. 

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

I think an SLA would depend entirley on the requirements of an application / server.

Can you be more specific in what you're asking?  NetBackup can handle different retention requirements and backup priorities a couple different ways.

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

as per my previous work exp.

there is specific no any  SLA for NBU it can be same as your client using for other Applications.

however SLA is totally depends on how critical application it is.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

We are just giving support of Netbackup Server. Means that Netbackup Server should be working properly. Second we have to see if the policy is being failed(could be because of the application which is being backed up). 

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

In our company we use the following approach that is accepted by Symantec consultants. All datasets we backup are split into a number of restore classes (1st, 2nd). A pair of RTO/RPO values is attributed to each of these classes. Once we receive a certain dataset for backups it is tagged with restore class number with corresponding RTO/RPO values (in hours or even days). Whenever we fail to meet RTOs/RPOs, wew break the SLA.

jcconsulting74
Level 3

I am in the process of creating a backup operation policies. Within those policies it will spell out how long backup windows will run, estimated uptime for backup servers, SLA of completion daily for backup clients, etc ...

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

SLA can only be defined in area of backup success rate it means how many clients can be backed up successfully in a defined period.