cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need client for NT4 machines

smwoodcrafts
Level 6
Hi,

We are currently running 6.5.2 on our master and media servers and we are migrating some servers off other backup systems. Well, two of the units are NT4 servers and can't be upgraded. I understand that there are no clients in 6.x and I would need to use a version 5 client. Unfortunately, all I can't find it anywhere. I have searched the web and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get this client?

Thanks,

smwoodcrafts
7 REPLIES 7

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Do you have Symantec support?  If so, I would think you could open a case with them and they could point you in the right direction.  If you've got valic licenses for 6.5.2, I dont see why it would be a problem for them to send you the media kit, if they still have any.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
have used the FileConnect site to download/order 6.5.

If you look at Symantec FileConnect - List of Available Products older versions are stil listed so it may be worth a try?

You will need a serial number to log in, so if you don't have a contract for support this may not be a route you could use. The Licencing Portal may be worth a try, but again valid support may be an issue?

rjrumfelt
Level 6

I do not know if this would violate any type of Symantec copyright that is out there - and if so then I will not do this (looking for a Symantec employee to sign off in this thread) but I have an old disc with the client you need.

If there are no legal ramifications, I would be happy to create an ISO of it.

Again, I'm not sure of the legality of this, so I would like someone to confirm.  I dont see an issue if the person has the 6.5.2 media kit.

ncoday
Level 3
Employee
Hi Rjrumfelt,

There would not be any legal ramifications as the software requires activation, thus the original poster would still have to use his licenses to activate the software to be within license compliance.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
I guess the next question would be are his licenses for 6.5.2 good for 5.1 clients?

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
The license keys for a 5.1 client and a 6.5 client are different, but when entered into a master server, they still register as a NetBackup client license.  Since NetBackup 6.5 supports 5.1 clients, I don't see any issues.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Did you ever find a copy of the nt4 clients you were looking for?