cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need client installation package for NB 6.5.6 for Windows 2003 Server

pleone
Level 2

Hi, we have an old installment of NetBackup, version 6.5. Our customer is refreshing the environment, but now I need the installation package of the client for Windows 2003 Server 32bit (we have 64bit only). I do not find it anywhere and due to be in EOSL the support cannot help me. Someone can tell me where can I find this package?

Thanks, Pietro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ALL NBU 6.5.x software and patches have been removed from Symantec download sites.

You will need to 'call a friend'  - a sympathetic local reseller or local Symantec/Veritas office to ask if they have those dvd's / ISOs in a 'bottom drawer'.

I am surprised to hear that your customer is refreshing the environment,and asking for unsupported (EOSL) backup software on EOSL Operating System (W2003)!

Refreshing their environment should mean upgrade of OS and hardware as well as backup software!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ALL NBU 6.5.x software and patches have been removed from Symantec download sites.

You will need to 'call a friend'  - a sympathetic local reseller or local Symantec/Veritas office to ask if they have those dvd's / ISOs in a 'bottom drawer'.

I am surprised to hear that your customer is refreshing the environment,and asking for unsupported (EOSL) backup software on EOSL Operating System (W2003)!

Refreshing their environment should mean upgrade of OS and hardware as well as backup software!

pleone
Level 2

Hi, thanks for the reply. They are moving to anew backup solution, but until they migrate this host they need to backup it. Some wintel admin removed the client and now they want to install it again for backing up the client until the refresh.

Thanks, Pietro.