cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help: Failed to initialize EMM connection. Error <195> encountered.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

Can someone help me and provide instruction or any documentation to solve the problem.

One of my client reported that their current netbackup failed to open. As I verified with them, the scenario is this:

• Their office transfered to a new location (including all servers)
  • Once transfered, they change the Domain Name and IP Address of all of their servers
  • After changing Domain Name and IP Addresses, NetBackup services did not start-up/ wont run.
  • I instructed them to run the command "nbemmcmd -listhosts - verbose" the command is not successful.
  • Error received: "Failed to initialize EMM connection.  Verify that the network access to the EMM server is available and that the services nbemm and pbx_exchange are running on the EMM server <195>.  Command did not complete successfully"

Environment:

Master/Media Server: NBU 7.5.0.4

Any suugestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pity your customer never asked for advise BEFORE they moved... 

If NBU was installed with FQDN, changing domain name means that the hostname has changed. This is not supported and needs Consulting engagement. See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31385

All I can suggest for now is to add aliases for old domain name in the master's hosts file:
IP-address    hostname    hostname.new-domain    hostname.old-domain

Stop NBU from cmd with 'bpdown -f -v'
Ensure everything is down with 'bpps'.
Restart Symantec Private Branch Exchange service, then start NBU again: 'bpup -f -v'.

If this does not work, they will have to change everything back to they way it was (IP address change is fine) and find a Consulting partner to assist with the change.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Pity your customer never asked for advise BEFORE they moved... 

If NBU was installed with FQDN, changing domain name means that the hostname has changed. This is not supported and needs Consulting engagement. See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31385

All I can suggest for now is to add aliases for old domain name in the master's hosts file:
IP-address    hostname    hostname.new-domain    hostname.old-domain

Stop NBU from cmd with 'bpdown -f -v'
Ensure everything is down with 'bpps'.
Restart Symantec Private Branch Exchange service, then start NBU again: 'bpup -f -v'.

If this does not work, they will have to change everything back to they way it was (IP address change is fine) and find a Consulting partner to assist with the change.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thank you Mariane, I will inform the client about your suggestion.