cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in learning advanced topics in Netbackup

Soumyaa
Level 4

Hello All,

I am in Netbackup from almost 4 years now and I am not sure if I can take certification test on 6.5 version. We are yet to implement 7 soon.

Installation 5 5 100%
Configuration 11 14 79%
Operations 13 14 93%
Advanced Topics 8 13 62%
Totals 37 46

80%

I just had a self assessment available online and this is the result and I myself told that I have to concentrate on advanced topics.

1) Can someone comment if I appear for cert exam for 6.5, will I pass? I mean to ask without getting much into advanced topics and appear for exam, do I still pass cert?

2) Now 7.5 is running and if I appear 6.5, will it be good for my career or do someone advice me to go for 7 or 7.5 only ignoring 6.5 cert? 

3) Are there any major changes happened in 6.5 to 7.5 with cert exam point of view? 

My company will start 7 version may be in next month as Symantec ending its support for 6.5 very soon. So I am confused whether to go for 6.5 cert or wait for some more months to expereince 7 and then appear for 7. So all your comments will be very much helpful to me.

Thanks,

Padmini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No point in doing 6.5 really, but if the exam is still available, I guess you could.

80% is very good, well done, I think you would pass no problems.  Not sure of the pass rate, I think it is 70% and the exam is not marked in sections.

Yes, there are differencies in 7.5, all covered in the manuals, if you google around you should find some details on what is different.

Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No point in doing 6.5 really, but if the exam is still available, I guess you could.

80% is very good, well done, I think you would pass no problems.  Not sure of the pass rate, I think it is 70% and the exam is not marked in sections.

Yes, there are differencies in 7.5, all covered in the manuals, if you google around you should find some details on what is different.

Martin

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

major changes would be about new features enhanced from 6.x till 7.5 including marquee features of accelerator, search rep director etc... most famous 7.1 feature AIR etc.

Would recommend to go for 7.5 .. and refer the manuals as much as you can.. simulate NBU 7.5 in your lab along with your legacy 6.5 .. .go for upgrade (Refer upgrade guide, from Late breaking news 7.5)

Many more things you could do ... even more complex.... at the end it would benefit you and your organization.

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

it's good result, but the NBU6.5 will not be supported soon and i don't know if there exam will be available.

Maybe Martin can help to check if exam available.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not sure for certification, but the 6.x STS exams are no longer available internally to us.

Martin

Soumyaa
Level 4

Thanks to all for your comments. I am enlightened now not to take 6.5. I will go for 7 or 7.5..

I am just eagerly waiting for my organisation to go for 7.5. 

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i suggest go to 7.5 becuase 7.6 will be available at middle of next year.