cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need script for getting the modifications or changes in email that are hapenning in Master server.

Mohammed_Rafi1
Not applicable
Certified

Hi,

I need script for getting the modifications or changes in email that are hapenning in Master server. Our Master server is running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and its 64 bit. We are currently running 7.5.0.4 version for Master server.

My Team members all have access to this Master server to do modifications and its difficult to know who is changing and what they are changing. So i just need to know is there any script or automated report for getting these modifications in email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pathan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is an 'audit' option in EMM that if turned on tracks various changes - not looked at it for a while but the commands guide should explain more.

nbemmcmd is the command you need:

-AUDIT [DISABLED | ENABLED]
Enables and disables NetBackup auditing. An audit trail is a record of user-initiated actions in a NetBackup environment. Auditing gathers and records the information to help answer who changed what and when they changed it. The default condition is audit enabled.

-AUDIT_RETENTION_PERIOD number_of_days
Specifies the number of days that user actions are to be retained for the audit report. If no retention period is indicated, the default audit retention period is 90 days. A value of 0 (zero) indicates that the records are never purged.

Guess you could mail this out using BLAT if you have it available.

View solution in original post

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

I would also suggest the OpsCenter Option. You will get an automated email when there is a change in multiple scenarios, like change in policies. I hope you have OpsCenter configured in your environment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is an 'audit' option in EMM that if turned on tracks various changes - not looked at it for a while but the commands guide should explain more.

nbemmcmd is the command you need:

-AUDIT [DISABLED | ENABLED]
Enables and disables NetBackup auditing. An audit trail is a record of user-initiated actions in a NetBackup environment. Auditing gathers and records the information to help answer who changed what and when they changed it. The default condition is audit enabled.

-AUDIT_RETENTION_PERIOD number_of_days
Specifies the number of days that user actions are to be retained for the audit report. If no retention period is indicated, the default audit retention period is 90 days. A value of 0 (zero) indicates that the records are never purged.

Guess you could mail this out using BLAT if you have it available.

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

I would also suggest the OpsCenter Option. You will get an automated email when there is a change in multiple scenarios, like change in policies. I hope you have OpsCenter configured in your environment.

Jim-90
Level 6

Do you have a Linux or Unix media server?  There's a Unix script that picks up any changes and mails. It tells you what actually was changed, but doesn't tell you who did the change. 

To get additional information you need to enable auditing in OpsCentre (not sure if it comes with the free version).  That also doesn't tell you much who did the actual change and sometimes the descriptions of changes are vague. If I do the change as a user ID that has windows admin rights it will list the change as being done by the administrator.