Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need script to find policy name,client,storage,OS,retention level

lovy
Level 4

Hi All,

I am looking for a script whose output include below information:

policy name,client,storage,OS,retention level.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bppllist will show all of those http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42917

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Your master O/S (and patch level)?

Your admin host (where the script will run) O/S (and patch leve)l?

Version of NetBackup on both of the above?

When you ask for 'storage' and 'retention level, I have to ask whether you use SLPs or not?

You've asked for 'policy' - so that's one p-word - but where's the other?

lovy
Level 4

Master is Linux

Master version is 7.6.0.2

We r using SLPs

sry but what do u mean by "You've asked for 'policy' - so that's one p-word - but where's the other?"

RiaanBadenhorst

bppllist will show all of those http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42917

sdo

You want someone else to put a fair amount of time in to developing a script for you, then quite likely debugging it with you, and then the usual teaks and mods to make the script work just the way you want it - and for no reward - and probably in their own time.  There's really only one way of asking for such things.

sdo

Master is what family and version (and patch level) of Linux?

What scripting languages do you have available?  I assume sh/ksh/bash must be available, but maybe you want your script in perl or python - or something else?

Do you have the option of running your script on Windows?  e.g. a Windows media server, or a Windows Admin Console host/server?

Marianne
Level 6

I believe that Riaan has the best possible answer - use bppllist.

bppllist -allpolicies -U

will give all requested information.

For a specific client:

bppllist -byclient <client_name> -U

If you want to extract subsets of information from the output, you can use grep or egrep (since you have selected Linux as your OS).

sdo
Iovy - do you still need a script, or was Riaan's suggestion of bppllist good for you? How many policies, and how many SLPs do you have? I kind of get the need/want for a script when you get above 150+ policies, but anything less I would have thought that one could conceptualise, unless maybe it's a really messy or super complicated configuration. If you still need a script, can you tell me whether you have any Windows media servers and/or Windows Admin Console hosts? I ask because I'm a Windows (VBScript and DOS/CMD batch) scripter at heart. If you do have above Windows systems available, then I might be able to help you... if... you can tell me how you want the policy header use of storage, the schedule use of storage, the SLP use of storage, and the storage unit group use of storage - all handled. I guess multiple columns in a spreadsheet, at each layer - with each layer/column passing down to each next layer (if nesting doesn't doesn't go that deep), and all in CSV format, as then you'd be able to select/filter in Excel at multiple layers. Or something else entirely?

lovy
Level 4

Hi sdo,

Yes i still want the script .I am also making it.but if u have can u pls share it with me.

required fields are:

policy name

client name

shed. name

storage name

retention

OS

Thanks

sdo
I'm a Windows scripter - I could try ksh, but it won't be pretty, and will probably be buggy. Do you you have a Windows media server or admin host in your env?

lovy
Level 4

I 've only Linux servers

RiaanBadenhorst

Please post an example of your required output, will look at it later.