Level 4

Hi,

I need to delete the Backup history from BAR. Please help to do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You would have to 'expire' the images, but this would mean they would disappear for ever, so be very sure you want to do this.

bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <backup id>  (for individual images)

bpexpdate -d 0 -m <media id> (for individual tapes)

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I need to delete the Backup history from BAR.

Please help us understand what exactly you need to delete?

Do you not want Client backups to show in BAR?

Does this have anything to do with your recent Import issue? Import and restore issue 

Client Backups will show up in BAR for as long as backups are valid (not expired).

So, if you have finished with restores after the imports and no longer need these images in BAR, you can expire them.

You can use the Catalog section of the GUI to locate these imported images, then right-click on each of the images found and select 'Expire'.

PLEASE ONLY do this if you have finished the restores and no longer have a need for these backup images.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Edited as I can't read ...

Apologies, although you quite clearly stated 'BAR' GUI I gave an answer for Activity Monitor ....  I'll leave it to Marianne as she has responded correctly ...

cynthiapinto
Level 4

Hi,

This is nothing to do with old issue.

I have certain backup taken on long back & the history remains in BAR because the tapes are not expired. 

NowI would like to delete those entried from BAR. 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You would have to 'expire' the images, but this would mean they would disappear for ever, so be very sure you want to do this.

bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <backup id>  (for individual images)

bpexpdate -d 0 -m <media id> (for individual tapes)

Regards,

Martin

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The answer remains the same. If you are 100% sure that you don't need those backups, you can expire them. Either use Catalog section of the GUI or else expire all images on media with bpexpdate command.