cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to duplicate the SLP duplicated images(Copy 2 images)

ram619
Level 5
Certified

NBU version - 7.0.1

Backup server - OS Win 2003.

Hi all,

I have Duplicated some of my Monthend backup images from production DXi box to DR DXi box by using Storage life cycle policy as a copy 2. Now i want to duplicate those images to my tape library. I have tried to duplicate or view the images by selecting the Action as duplication it's showing as "INF=skipping backupid, it has already 2 copies".

Is there any way to duplicate the copy2 images to tape.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Check your Master server host properties You will find that the maximum number of copies is set to 2 Increase this to 3 or more (may need a service restart to register it) and your duplication should then work

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Is it possible to duplicate a image from SLP duplicated image Copy2 or from it's orignal copy1.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Check your Master server host properties You will find that the maximum number of copies is set to 2 Increase this to 3 or more (may need a service restart to register it) and your duplication should then work

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

As Mark said, first, you need to allow more than 2 copies (in the server host properties). 

If you want to duplicate images with DR copies as source, please be sure that you specify copy 2 as source :

• Specify copy 2 if you are using "Catalog" entry of the GUI to filter images to duplicate
  • Use "-cn 2" parameter in your bpduplicate if you are using command line

If you do not specify copie number during your duplicate action, primary copy (number 1 by default) will be used as source.