cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find expiration date of media if not in library.

Sachii
Level 3
Certified

Hello all,

Is there any way to find the expiration date of those media which is not in library (or sent offsite).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ROHIT_KUMAR_AGA
Level 3
Certified

There is a awsome command to check media/data expiration date and time.

nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid <>

If data expiration filed is empty (-) that means media has already been expired. The volume pool for this media will be shown as scratch.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Try

# bpmedialist -U

watsons
Level 6

Are you talking about expiration date of image or tape?  Note that they are different.

Image expriation can be checked by following sdo's suggested command above. Image info is still in catalog regardless of where the tape is (in library or not)

There is another expiration date used on the logical tape level, you can see it from "vmquery -m <mediaID>", again this info is available as long as your tape was used before and is not removed from the catalog. Anyway, this one is rarely used - if you do I suppose you know what it means and its consequences (one of the reason known to cause error 96).

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Awesome report to see when media will expire is Media Summary report in verbose mode.
Cmd: bpmedialist - summary -verbose

Media already expired will not show up in this report.

Already expired media can be seen in
available_media report or in
vmquery -a -bx.

Media with empty 'Assign Time' in vmquery output has already expired.
Robot will show as NONE for offsite tapes.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

And from the GUI, you can always have a look at Standalone (if it is a tape, and removed from the library it will show up here):

180px_Standalone.png

If the Expiry Date is not shown you can add the column (Data Expiration).

Steve

ROHIT_KUMAR_AGA
Level 3
Certified

There is a awsome command to check media/data expiration date and time.

nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid <>

If data expiration filed is empty (-) that means media has already been expired. The volume pool for this media will be shown as scratch.

Sachii
Level 3
Certified

Thanks Rohit,

This command has helped me a lot.

Sachii
Level 3
Certified

Thanks Marianne,

This is been very helpful to me, but i was not able to find few media which is expired & not in library via vmquery -a -bx & bpmedialist - summary -verbose.

Thank you.