cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find out which servers have Netbackup Client Installed on them

Penchy
Level 3

We have 170 odd servers that we backup. 30 odd SQL Servers have client installed on them. I need to find out the servers that dont have client installed on them. All our Policies are VMware type. Do we have any command to pull out this Report from Netbackup or OpsCenter? We are on Master 7.7 and Media Appliance 7.6.1.2. We are pushing out Netbackup Clients from Package 7.6.1.2 from one of the Server as Master server doesnt allow to Push them as its on 7.7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Penchy
Level 3

Thanks all for your inputs here....Had to use OpsCenter for this....Reports > Client Reports > Client Dash Summary Board > 

There you can Edit the Report to Include Netbackup Version, but if you are in VM Environment the Client name shows with Display Name rather than DNS Name.

Still not fully accurate on reporting as the report still shows some clients using older version though they have been upgraded, but something better than nothing (thats how OpsCenter behaves when reporting)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Penchy
Level 3

Need to find out which servers have Netbackup Client Installed on them

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Run a for loop and use command "bpgetconfig -s sever_name -l"

Run the command from master server. There will be output from this command only if netbackup client is installed and master can connect to it.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello Panchy, you can try this.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -host "clientname" -verbose

1 1 1
x.xx.21:42605 -> xx.1.53.xx:1556
x.1.99.x:53077 -> xx.1.x.xx:1556
PEER_NAME = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
HOST_NAME = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CLIENT_NAME = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VERSION = 0x07500000
PLATFORM = linuxR_x86_2.6.18
PATCH_VERSION = 7.5.0.0
SERVER_PATCH_VERSION = -1.-1.-1.-1
MASTER_SERVER = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EMM_SERVER = xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NB_MACHINE_TYPE = CLIENT

Best regards,

Cruisen

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is NO way to determine from NBU which servers/machine on a network has NBU installed.

NBU only knows about a client when it is added to a backup policy.

When a client is added to a policy, you can click/connect to it from Host Properties -> Client. 
If no NBU software is installed, the client will not respond to connection attempt and will display an error message.

OpsCenter Analytics has a report where host names in a csv file can be used to check for coverage (backups).

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Marianne,

are you saying that you cannot run bptestbpcd if the client was not added before to a policy?

I do not think so, I remember checking agent status of clients that do not belong to my masterserver or not anymore.

I will recheck this on monday.

Thank you for your information.

areznik
Level 5

If you really want to find out if NB is installed you will need to run remote windows commands to query installed services or registry entries. Running commands like bptestbpcd or bpgetconfig will at best tell you if a NB client is running. 

Penchy
Level 3

Thanks all for your inputs here....Had to use OpsCenter for this....Reports > Client Reports > Client Dash Summary Board > 

There you can Edit the Report to Include Netbackup Version, but if you are in VM Environment the Client name shows with Display Name rather than DNS Name.

Still not fully accurate on reporting as the report still shows some clients using older version though they have been upgraded, but something better than nothing (thats how OpsCenter behaves when reporting)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As per my previous post - OpsCentre Analytics has a Client Coverage report. See: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000062863