cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to generate the client list on netbackup 7.6 and no bpplclients or bppllist available

vijuvenug13
Level 2

Hi All,

I need to generate a list of clients getting backed up or configured on Netbackup.But unfortunately I could not find commands bpplclients or bppllist inside /usr/openv/netbackup/bin . The only list commands I found was ..

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin$ ls -l | grep list
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 46472 Feb 12 2015 bpclimagelist
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 46496 Feb 12 2015 bplist

It will be great if someone can help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The command is in usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd on the master server along with other admin-related commands.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Command you are looking after is called

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients

and I would use the following switch -allunique in order to create clients list.

so its call could looked like

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients -allunique

Here is its syntax

bpplclients: unrecognized option -
USAGE: bpplclients policy_name [-expand_groups] | {-allunique [-pt policy_type]}
           [-L|-l|-U|-noheader]
           [-M master_server,...] [-v]

bpplclients policy_name [-M master_server,...] [-v] [-generation generation] [-reason "<reason>"]
           {-add host_name hardware os [priority]}
           {-delete host_name...} |
           {-modify host_name [-hardware hardware] [-os os]
            [-priority priority]} |
           {-rename old_host_name new_host_name [-hardware hardware]
            [-os os] [-priority priority]}

bpplclients policy_name [-M master_server,...] [-v] [-generation generation] [-reason "<reason>"]
           {-add_instance instance_name host_name} |
           {-delete_instance instance_name host_name}

{-add_instance_database instance_name database_name host_name} |
           {-add_instance_pdb instance_name pluggable_database_name host_name} |
           {-delete_instance_database instance_name database_name host_name}
           {-delete_instance_pdb instance_name pluggable_database_name host_name} |

{-add_instance_group instance_group_name} |
           {-delete_instance_group instance_group_name}

Valid values for policy_type:
           Standard,  Oracle,  Informix-On-BAR,  Sybase,
           MS-SharePoint,  MS-Windows,  MS-SQL-Server,
           MS-Exchange-Server,  SAP,  DB2,  NDMP,  FlashBackup,
           DataStore,  Lotus-Notes,  Teradata,  FlashBackup-Windows,
           Vault,  NBU-Catalog,  Generic,  PureDisk-Export,
           Enterprise-Vault,  VMware,  Hyper-V

Genericus
   VIP   

Amusingly enough, on my unix system you can go to /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images and list the directories.

- each client gets a unique directory.

ls -1 = a list of all clients you have backups for, including no longer active ones.

( and an easy place to find those backups done as client, CLIENT, client-backup, etc. - when you are missing a backup ....)

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Hi 

Thankyou for the reply. 

Like mentioned in other posts I used the below three commands to get the timestamp of the last backup run.

bpplclients -allunique -U --> to get the client list.
bpimagelist -client clientname -- > here i extracted the "Backup Time (Image Directory Name)" and used this in the below command to get the timestamp.
bpdbm -ctime

Now when i ran bpimagelist command the output i got was "no entity found" and the return code was 227 and i assumed for those clients the backup probably might have not run.

I want to check with you if this is the best method to find the last backup run. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

bpimagelist -client $MYCLIENT

...will default to only look back over 'N' recent days - but I can't remmeber how much 'N' is.  I have vague memories of it being a week, or ten days, or something like that.  What I mean is that just because you get a status 227 from the abpve comand does not necessarily mean there are no backups for the client.

e.g. if you do:

bpimagelist -client $MYCLEINT -d 01/01/1970 00:00:00 -idonly

...then you are requesting a list of all possible known images, well, nearly all.

Some questions to ask yourself:

What if an image is in phase 1 import, but not yet phase 2 complete?

What if an image is in SLP processing, and not yet SLP complete?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

According to Commands manual, the default is 'the previous midnight' when no start-date is supplied with bpimagelist.

So, best to specify -d (start-date) or -hoursago. 

BTLOMS
Level 5

I just use SCCM to get a list of NBU clients. I also use the Netbackup GUI, paste into spreadsheet, keep just the clients column, remove unwanted columns, then remove duplicates from the clients column.