cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get Old Reports on Netbackup 7.1

platycerium
Level 2

Need to get Old Reports on Netbackup 7.1

I need some report such as logs, status of backup for Auditor.  I got from Master server that show only 28 Days.      My Auditor need Report on Q1 2011 from Jan to Mar 2011.    How to Get that reports ?  I have Tape Backup Monthy,  What are files that need to restore for Reports ?

Thanks & regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What did you backup on the master server? you will need to restore the master server's .../netbackup/db/error folder for 'backup status' info. You will not be able to restore it to the default location, as NBU will remove them the next time a cleanup runs.

Surely proof of valid backups that conforms to the company data retention requirements should be sufficient? This information is stored in images and can be seen in 'Client Backup' report. All valid, unexpired backups can be listed there.

I cannot see how information such as 'a daily backup to be kept for 2 weeks ran successfully on 4 January 2011' can be of any use to auditors.
A monthly backup on 31 Dec 2010 with a retention period of 1 year will show up in Client Backup report.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

because backup job info is not kept that long on master servers (can really eat up your space and add a lot to you activity monitor)  OpsCenter allows you to get and keep that info longer without impacting your master server.

does not help you now, but OpsCenter is free, you can set it up and have it ready for next year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The full procedure Marianne discusses is in the Article How to get NetBackup data reports from past backups, for specific time periods

platycerium
Level 2

Thanks for All,

I already restored netbackup/db/error folder and can get reports for Auditor, For next time I will implement OpsCenter.

Thanks for your help.