Need to import expired images from Disk

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified
Netbackup Master server version  : 7.1
Disk Pool Name : Test_Disk_Pool
Disk Type : AdvancedDisk
Volume that disk pool created : E:\ on master server

Backup images has been expired on the disk pool and need to do import and recover it.
is that possible by below command 

bpimport -create_db_info -stype AdvancedDisk -dp Test_Disk_Pool -L c:\import.txt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

That would do the phase1 I think yes (but I haven't tested it to be sure),

However, unlike tape, when images expire on disk, nbdelete job runs to actually delete the data from disk.  So in this case I don't think it will be possible,

Persoanlly, I would look directly on the disk itself and see what is there,

You could try running the phase 1 import as well.

After the phase 1 import, you generate a list of images that are valid for the phase 2 import like this :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -PM -s 01/01/71 00:00:00 -e 07/18/13 23:59:59 -id E01010| awk '{print $5}' > /tmp/import_list

(again not tested but I think it's right)

If this doesn't find anything, I think you will be out of luck on this.   

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

That would do the phase1 I think yes (but I haven't tested it to be sure),

However, unlike tape, when images expire on disk, nbdelete job runs to actually delete the data from disk.  So in this case I don't think it will be possible,

Persoanlly, I would look directly on the disk itself and see what is there,

You could try running the phase 1 import as well.

After the phase 1 import, you generate a list of images that are valid for the phase 2 import like this :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -PM -s 01/01/71 00:00:00 -e 07/18/13 23:59:59 -id E01010| awk '{print $5}' > /tmp/import_list

(again not tested but I think it's right)

If this doesn't find anything, I think you will be out of luck on this.   

Martin

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sorry, no way to import expired disk images.

Disk images are deleted from disk when they expire.

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

So am not sure for what purpose this command is used. I could see this in all Netbackup command documents...There should be some option/alternate to restore the expired images from Advanceddisk/Openstorage/Basic disk...

bpimport -create_db_info -stype servertype -dp Diskpoolname 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There cannot be a command for when the images are expired, because at that time they are really deleted.

The command shown has  a time it can be used.,  If for example you had an external array for the disk storage unit, and you moved this to another master server, you coud then import the images.

Also, it is possible to delete just the catalog info for a disk image, and prevent NBU running the nbdelete - again you could import this,

I'm afraid that the answer to this problem is don't expire anything until you are very sure it is not needed.

Martin