cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to pull client retention details for 90 days and older

mgalloway
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I'm looking for a way to generate a list of clients that have a retention period of 90 days or more. I'm ultimatly looking for the client/server that has data being retained for 90 days or longer. The master server is Solaris with NBU version of 7.5. Does anyone know if this is possible?

3 REPLIES 3

david_moline
Level 3

It's certainly possible. One way you could try would be to use the bpimagelist command. 

From the output - on the IMAGE lines compare the backup time and the expiration time to determine if the expiration is over your 90 days requirement, then print out whatever other iformation you may require. On Solaris a command something like this should do the trick:

# bpimagelist -d 1/1/1970 -l | grep IMAGES | awk '{ if ($16 - $14 ) > 7776000 { print $0 } }'

You may need to play with the awk syntax (I don't have ready access to verify the syntax correctly).

7776000 is the number of seconds in 90 days (if I did my multiplcation correctly)

In the awk command  - $16 is the expiration time field (in seconds); $14 is the start time (in seconds) and "print $0" will just print the entire line - you may want to modify that to only print the fields you desire. Refer to the link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017904 to see what fields you may be interested in. 

I'm also sure there are other ways to achieve this.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

So query NBU image database for all backup images made +90 days ago so like this, if run today which is 5/10/2018 (so -90 days [3months] 2/10/2018) it will be ca :

bpimagelist -d 1/1/1970 -e 2/10/2018 -U

GUI > reports > images on media - select all clients - run report then filter on > 90days on expiration date column, then export, import exported file into excel remove duplicate clients - all done.