cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Need to reinitialize PureDisk dedupe storage unit on mediaserver due to corrupt dedupe data

GoExIt
Not applicable

Hi

I would like some directions on what actions to take for reinitializing (start from scratch) on storage unit on a mediaserver.

The environment is Netbackup 7.5.0.1 and consists of Master and several Media servers. On one media server upgrade of AV software deleted one of the files in the dedupe data folder. I have taken the actions to try to recover the file but had no luck. The spoold service is not possible to start because the missing file. I have read http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128891

I concluded the best way to resolve this was to start over from scratch on the storage unit. My plan was to remove and recreate the storage unit on the affected media server. (I don know if it is the best way to do it, please tell me if there is a better way)

NetBackup is pretty new to me but i was able to read forums and have taken the following actions to reinitialze / start all over on the affected mediaserver.

1. I have expired all the backups on the affected mediaserver through NB Admin Console on the Master server. (I dont think this work because the spoold is not running and cant be started)

2. I have removed all referneces to the storage unit in SLP:s and tried to inactivate SLP:s and stop deduplication with

nbstlutil.exe cancel -lifecycle <slp_name>

nbstlutil inactive -force -lifecycle allnbstlutil inactive -force -lifecycle <slp_name>

3. I was trying to remove the Storage unit but it complained about the storage unit being referneced in some SLP:s (I have quadrouple checked and cant find any references). Finally after about 24 hours i was able to remove the Storage unit.

My question is now how to go from here. Do i have to recreate the diskpool or is it enough to i delete files in dedupe folder, create new storage unit and connect to SLP:s again?

0 REPLIES 0