cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Backup - 6.5 Client Package

Vamsi1
Level 5

Hello All,

I got a request to backup of Windows 2000 machines - Currently am running Netbackup Master Server version is 7.5.

So I though if we install Netbackup client package 6.5 on 2000 machine, we can configure the backups. But couldn't get the client package for 6.5 version. 

Can some one please help me to get the Client package for 6.5 Version for windows client.

And please let me know if we have any other alternate to configure backup for Windows 2000 machine.

Many thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Vamsi,

Unfortunately NetBackup 6.5 went End of Support Life on 03/10/2012.  Symantec/Veritas Support will not be able to help you with a 6.5 client (many posts on the forum regarding this).

One Alternative:

You could use the native backup program for Windows 2000 (NT Backup I believe - been a while since I've looked at an OS that old), and then copy the resulting backup image file to a share that can be backed up by a client that that has a supported NetBackup client on it.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Vamsi,

Unfortunately NetBackup 6.5 went End of Support Life on 03/10/2012.  Symantec/Veritas Support will not be able to help you with a 6.5 client (many posts on the forum regarding this).

One Alternative:

You could use the native backup program for Windows 2000 (NT Backup I believe - been a while since I've looked at an OS that old), and then copy the resulting backup image file to a share that can be backed up by a client that that has a supported NetBackup client on it.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I agree - you do not want a double unsupported client in your environment. NBU 6.x reached EOSL 3 years ago and Win2000 even longer. Let the system owner use Windows backup to backup to a share as suggested above. All NBU 6.x downloads have been removed from FileConnect. Even the patches from the normal Support site.