Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net backup BMR restoration

vinods
Level 5
Partner

Hi ,

I have netbackup 7.0 on windows server also i have oracle server on windows .

I have taking BMR backup 

I have below question 

1) When i done restore succefully that time need to reconfigured oracle database and database restoration.

2) or once i done the restoration What i need to done from oracle side ?

4 REPLIES 4

jim_dalton
Level 6

If I understand correctly vinods, you are asking if the BMR process does both the server and then the oracle db.

As far as I'm aware BMR wont recover your oracle DBs since they arent part of the OS but I can see how this isnt the clearest documented feature.

So you'll have to read up with the Oracle restore/recovery manual and deal with rman if you use that.

Jim

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

BMR recovery state is crash consistent. BMR can recover your whole windows box (even Oracle database files as well). BMR does use NetBackup to restore these fles. So Oracle database might in async state after restore and needs to take care manually.

You can have two policies to protect your Windows box running Oracle Database. One to take BMR backup and other Oracle DB agent based policy to protect the database.

You can first recover whole box using BMR followed by application database recovery to recover the database up-to-date. Generally this is followed by many users.

Thanks.

mkhanolk

vinods
Level 5
Partner

Thanks Jim and mandar for given good information .

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

BMR restore only take care of the windows file level.

You still need to perform a oracle Db restoration after a successful BMR restore.