cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net backup

Home_224
Level 6

Dear All,

I will plan to the library L180 with four tape drives to connect another san switch for backup, netbackup server build on Solaris , and use the NBU console on window to connect.  In this situation, I would like to ask if I need to run the device wizard again to rescan the new paths only? It is not necessary to restart the netbackup daemon or reboot the machine ? Please advice .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

please performe a vgscan -v and note the result. Additional have a look at your device drivers ls /dev/rmt.

Note the instances (should be 0 to3).

Reconecct your Library to new SAN Switch, Zonig etc.

On Solaris first: Check/Config driver by performing cfgadm -al; devfsadm -Cv, sgscan -v, ls /dev/rmt.

If all are the same like before you should start the device wizard. Pathes to devices may have changed.

If you have rmt instances like 4 to 7 you can leave it, but I would delete all and rescan to have 0 to 3 like before.

If sgscan dont find all 5 devices but there are connected to server you have to reconfigure sgdriver. But I expect this would not necessary.

This will work without a reboot. But in my opinion a reboot is best practise simply to confirm all is working.

And additional: Some on here will defitifly state that your Netbackup version is out of date/support. An update at least to 7.7.3 is recommended.

Good luck

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

please performe a vgscan -v and note the result. Additional have a look at your device drivers ls /dev/rmt.

Note the instances (should be 0 to3).

Reconecct your Library to new SAN Switch, Zonig etc.

On Solaris first: Check/Config driver by performing cfgadm -al; devfsadm -Cv, sgscan -v, ls /dev/rmt.

If all are the same like before you should start the device wizard. Pathes to devices may have changed.

If you have rmt instances like 4 to 7 you can leave it, but I would delete all and rescan to have 0 to 3 like before.

If sgscan dont find all 5 devices but there are connected to server you have to reconfigure sgdriver. But I expect this would not necessary.

This will work without a reboot. But in my opinion a reboot is best practise simply to confirm all is working.

And additional: Some on here will defitifly state that your Netbackup version is out of date/support. An update at least to 7.7.3 is recommended.

Good luck

Martin

Thank you boss !  I will keep it for reference and will apply for the step when the change on schedule .

Thank you