cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetApp VTL & Vault - NBU 6.0MP6 - MS2003 SP2 Std Edition.

slevans
Level 4
So, I am currently trying to sort out how to get vault to work hand in hand with a NetApp VTL.

Anyone done this?  From the looks of things, it will have to be done via the vlt_*_notify scripts, but the first road block is ejecting tapes.

This command returns a prompt, but.. it does not seem to do what was expected..
>vmchange -res -multi_eject -verbose-rn 2 -rt TLD -rh MediaServer -ml 700093

The tape did not 'eject' from NBU, and now the media server is upset.

>vmupdate -rt tld -rn 2 -rh MediaServer -vh MasterServer -use_barcode_rules -empty_map
auto empty media access port request rejected by tldcd, Robot busy, cannot perform operation

Same for a GUI inventory, robot busy.

Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

slevans
Level 4

So after I booted the media server and got things working again, I tried a different command..

C:\>vmupdate -rt tld -rn 2 -rh MediaServer -vh MasterServer -use_barcode_rules -empty_map
Generating list of recommended changes ...

Proposed Change(s) to Update the Volume Configuration
=====================================================
Volume configuration is up-to-date with robot contents.

C:\>vmchange -res -multi_eject -verbose -rn 2 -rt TLD -rh MediaServer -ml 702765 -w

*** Eject volume batch #1 is ready to be removed ***
remove 1 volume(s) from media access port(s) of robot number 2 now
(press <RETURN> to continue)

Slot# MediaID Barcode MAP_Element# Batch Status
281 702765 UNKNOWN 1 1 Ejected.
Moving media ID 702765 to standalone residence in the database.:

C:\>vmupdate -rt tld -rn 2 -rh MediaServer -vh MasterServer -use_barcode_rules -empty_map
Generating list of recommended changes ...

Proposed Change(s) to Update the Volume Configuration
=====================================================
Volume configuration is up-to-date with robot contents.

If you notice above, I used -w, then I did this and got the normal.......... notice, no -w

C:\>vmchange -res -multi_eject -verbose -rn 2 -rt TLD -rh MediaServer -ml 702470

auto empty media access port request rejected by tldcd, Robot busy, cannot perform operation

So, -w is required, but also requires to press any key to continue which is a problem, I need this to run background in an un-monitored script.

slevans
Level 4
..Was just told something about some updated device files which may add in a wait while the process is running, no link, no more information.. flying blind here..  grrr..