Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 5.1 mp4 - Wrong Tape Drive Display in Computer Management

Lynne
Level 2

Windows 2003 sp2 Master Server.
NetBackup 5.1 mp4
QUANTUM Scalar i2k Tape Library with 8 LTO2 tape drives

This configuration has been in place and functional for several years. but failed when I tried to add a Media Server with Dell PowerVault 124T Tape Library and mistakenly chose Robot Type TLH instead of TLD.

Update Drivers for Scalar i2k Tape Library - I applied this and that is when the trouble started.
Update Drivers for Dell PowerVault 124T - Applied on the Media Server with apparent success, but I have not applied Update Drivers to the Master Server.

COMPUTER MANAGEMENT on the Master Server now:

Storage > Removable Storage > Libraries

Device Management > Medium Changers

Device Management

If we can get the correct Tape Drives to show in the Computer Management, I think I can proceed from there.
But right now, when Scanning for Devices in the wizard, all I get is "Could not get device configuration. The device_mappings file has invalid license info(2)."

In the VERITAS application tree, the Media & Device Management > Devices look fine and are set correctly.
Interestingly, if I configure the drives manually there, I can browse to the correct LTO2 tape drive names.
But at VERITAS application tree, Activity Monitor, on the Drives tab, the Control value is AVR. This is the problem. Obviously, backups cannot proceed when the Control value is AVR.

> Tape Drives should list the same 8 QUANTUM ULTRIUM tape drives (as in Libraries) and one Dell PowerVault 110T LTO2 Tape Drive (the acceptable default value according to Dell support), but it does not. Instead, it lists 8 Dell PowerVault 110T LTO2 Tape Drives.
should list 8 QUANTUM ULTRIUM tape drives and nothing else.But it lists ADIC Scalar i2k library and 1 Dell PowerVault 110T. should list either nothing as Medium Changers, or just Unknown Medium Changer. But it lists ADIC Scalar i2k Tape Library (now QUANTUM brand)
1 REPLY 1