cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.0 Scheduling Issues

Clayton_Walter
Level 4
I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with an issue I have been having with NetBackup 6.0 running the wrong schedules.  We have full backups scheduled to run every Friday night at 6PM with the following schedules/retention policies:

Schedule A: 1st, 4th, and 5th Friday; 1 Month Retention
Schedule B: 2nd Friday; 1 Year Retention
Schedule C: 3rd Friday; Infinite Retention

All schedules have a start window of Friday at 6 PM to Sunday 11:50 PM.  All scheudles are setup using "Recurring Week Days" under "Calendar Schedule" where the correlating Friday that job should run is checked.

So for each policy there are three Full Backup schedules as outlined above.  The problem is that some jobs are queued up under the wrong schedule.

For example, the 2nd Friday of the month all backup jobs should be queued up at 6 PM on Friday night as Schedule B for 1 year retention.  However, some of the jobs will be run as Schedule A or C and end up with a different retention profile. 

I've corrected the problem manually by changing the expiration date on media to the correct retention period so the backup information is retained in the catalog for the correct amount of time.

I am running NetBackup 6.0 MP5 but have noticed the problem since I took over management of backups and at the time we were running 6.0 MP3. 

I have multiple independent backup servers all configured similarily and have experienced the issues on all of them at some point. 

It does not appear to be a consistent issue and I haven't identified any kind of pattern with which policies or clients in paritcular.

If anyone could offer up any advice on correcting the issue - it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Clayton Walter

Message Edited by Clayton Walter on 10-17-2007 04:28 PM

Message Edited by Clayton Walter on 10-17-2007 04:30 PM
0 REPLIES 0