cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5.4 FA

Giroevolver
Level 6
Hi Guys,

Has anyone on the FA installed 6.5.4 yet? I have put it on my Dev network and all seems to be working ok.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Giroevolver
Level 6
Symantec have increased the GUI timeout for our console and it seems to have fixed the virtual machine browsing althought this was not an issue in 6.5.3 it seems it was in 6.5.4.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only been 24 hours now. Haven't had a good kick at the tyres with this one.
Just migrating to Linux master from HP-UX IA64 (core's created at 6.5.2, 6.5.3, and 6.5.3.1) so looking for more solid reliability on this platform.

Giroevolver
Level 6
I think I am going to take the plung for Windows 2003 64x R2!

DavidParker
Level 6
Running 6.5.4 RC on an AIX master with a Windows 2003 media server.

Didn't really stress it out, but normal operations seem reliable.

Alex_Stade
Not applicable
I've been running on Solaris 10 for a couple days and it seems to have fixed a bug that annoyed me and also has been running reliably. I'd say this is a good release.

Giroevolver
Level 6
All, I have found a few issues with the windows side of things. I seem to have frequent failed to connect on socket errors Error 25 which i have logged with symantec and they seem to be random.

Also I have got an issue when browsing for virtual machines that I didn't get when we were running 6.5.3. I have checked the timeout values and they have not been set back to defaults so I will just have to wait to see what symantec find.

Other than this everything seems to be working ok.

bart_wallebroek
Level 2
Upgraded 2 live environments (Windows 2003 R2 X64 and 1 clustered Windows 2003 x86) last week Friday.

Both are running fine without any issues, except for a backup reporting tool (backupreport / bocada) that does not recognize this NBU version. 

Giroevolver
Level 6
Symantec have increased the GUI timeout for our console and it seems to have fixed the virtual machine browsing althought this was not an issue in 6.5.3 it seems it was in 6.5.4.

Pravs
Level 4
Employee
Giroevolver,
please let us know your case no for GUI timeout. I am interested to see the issue.

Giroevolver
Level 6
The case number was 240-963-288

Chris_Colhard
Level 1
Do you remember what you had to do to resolve your issue? Thx

Chris

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Chris, please start a new thread?