cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5.6 - Getting Started wizard launches every time!

MadMax96
Level 2

Hello,

After searching all over and not finding anyone with my problem, I figured I should post up my minor issue  - hope I'm doing it right ;)

I recently installed and configured NetBackup 6.5.6 and everytime I launch the Admin console, the Getting Started setup wizard launches.  I did go through this wizard in its entirety when the app was first installed and my server is up and running just fine, but the wizard continues to pop up when I first launch the app.

It should be known that this is running on a freshly built instance of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64 and no other apps are installed.

We have several other NetBackup servers in our environment so I'm familiar with the software, however this is the first time we've installed on Server 2008 R2, the other servers are running Server 2008 (non R2) and Server 2003 SP2.

On this particular one, I was successfully able to setup everything from tape drives to policies to clients - and backups are running great so far.
It's just obnoxious that this wizard launches everytime!  I even went through it again making sure to complete each task, but it hasn't helped.

I'm guessing this has to be something simple like a config file modification or a quick registry change...?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MadMax96
Level 2

Yep - leave it to the funky Server 2008 security! 

Even though I'm a full admin on the server, I had to launch the Admin Console with "Run as Administrator" for it to modify the flag or whatever that shows it has been run and completed.

Now I can launch it normally and the wizard doesn't pop up.

I realized this might do the trick after having to run the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore app this same way on the clients when modifying the list of master servers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MadMax96
Level 2

Yep - leave it to the funky Server 2008 security! 

Even though I'm a full admin on the server, I had to launch the Admin Console with "Run as Administrator" for it to modify the flag or whatever that shows it has been run and completed.

Now I can launch it normally and the wizard doesn't pop up.

I realized this might do the trick after having to run the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore app this same way on the clients when modifying the list of master servers.

Will_Restore
Level 6

of the rare BEP version

"let's get it started" laugh