cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5 documentation

Mindaugas_Lauci
Level 5
I downloaded all required flies yesterday and I noticed that some documents are missing. For example NetBackup_Install_Win.pdf, NetBackup_AdminGuide_Oracle_Win.pdf are missing and more windows related PDFs are missing, although it is listed in NetBakupManual.hml.

Interesting right, I guess Symantec was in a rush when there were creating those files, what else they missed? :D

Any thoughts?

Message Edited by Mindaugas Laucius on 08-16-200701:11 PM

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Casemore
Level 4
Just downloaded the DOCS and ICS and both are corrupt, DOCS only extracts some of the files.  Just ordered the media kit, so waiting for that to come through.

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
I see this thread was raised in August, however i only downloaded the various 6.5 tar files last week, and found the Docs tar file is indeed still corrupt (at source ie at Symantec's end). Annoying but i managed to extract most of the tar file, turns out all that's missing/corrupt are a handful of pdf's so they can be easily downloaded individually and renamed accordingly via checking the html file that constitutes the pdf manuals list on the CD.  Went a step further and removed various manuals (that i'd never need) and inserted any manuals/compatibility lists etc that i thought should be on the Docs CD and edited the html index file accordingly; the end result is a much more useful Documentation CD

Jim-m
Level 5
I downloaded them last week - no corruption [NetBackup_6.5_Docs.tar.gz] .   I assume the method I used (via eflex) pointed to the same source. 

Listing of Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Manuals and links to the respective technotes

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
The link Jim has provided is the best place to download all 6.5 related document.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/290282

Listing of Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Manuals and links to the respective technotes

Details:
Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Manuals

Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for posting this. I removed the long text and links because it just replicates what's behing the URL above and made for a really long post.

Message Edited by The STN Guy on 10-04-2007 01:30 PM

Jim-m
Level 5
They should put the links for 6.0 & 6.5  at top of the opening this forum page - they have done it for Pure Disk by placing it in the Annoucement  section. 

Stumpr2
Level 6
Excellent suggestion. Please post it in the "Comments and Suggestions About The Forums" forum.

Here is a link:

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
Turns out i don't need the 6.5 docs now anyway, a 5.1 upgrade to 6.5 failed abysmally due to those kind Symantec folks 'retiring' 2 of our tape robots. Now reinstating 5.1 at one site to re-attempt a 6.0 MP4 upgrade (as 6.0 sort of worked before).

Anyways, back on topic, at least the Hardware Compatibility List for 6.5 informed us that our robots are too old which enables us to either not bother with 6.5 or buy some new kit by the time we're forced (by Symantec) to go to 6.5....

Smiley Mad

The_STN_Guy
Level 4
Jim, great suggestion. I just added it there. Thanks for that feedback.

@Jim-m wrote:
They should put the links for 6.0 & 6.5  at top of the opening this forum page - they have done it for Pure Disk by placing it in the Annoucement  section.