cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2 How to UNZIP

dami
Level 5
Hi all,

I have been reading up on your v7 posts as well as going through the 50 new pdf manuals for v7.0 on-site and ready to install. Problem is, I cannot unzip the Windows files which I download from https://fileconnect.symantec.com using the key given to us by Symantec .... The Unix "gz" type files are fine and I can open them but it is the two windows files "NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2" & "NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.2of2" which are giving me errors when windows "uncompress" util or winzip tries to open them with messages such as "compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". 

It seems to me that some of you have managed to download and install/upgrade using these "zipped" files and might know what I am doing wrong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Information Provided by Larry(Symantec)

"
It appears our directions are not as clear as they should be for the Windows package.  Please ensure you do this step.

Before actually uncompressing, you need to merge those 2 packages (1of2 & 2of2). Then uncompress the resultant .zip (ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip).

Please refer to following command:

copy /b "ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip.1of2"+"ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip.2of2" "ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip"

"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Information Provided by Larry(Symantec)

"
It appears our directions are not as clear as they should be for the Windows package.  Please ensure you do this step.

Before actually uncompressing, you need to merge those 2 packages (1of2 & 2of2). Then uncompress the resultant .zip (ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip).

Please refer to following command:

copy /b "ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip.1of2"+"ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip.2of2" "ESD_NB_7.0_Win_FA.zip"

"

dami
Level 5
Thanks KS 

I will try this and come back to confirm certainly would be useful to add this to the instructions somewhere.

dami
Level 5
Yes indeed, solved by running the following command which produces a readble zipped file:

copy /b "NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2"+"NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.2of2" "NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA.zip"

Thanks