cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 (NetBackup 7.5 Maintenance Release 6) is now available!

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

(This is a crosspost from the Netting Out NetBackup blog)

I'm very pleased to announce that the next Maintenance Release for NetBackup 7.5 is now available!

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 is the sixth maintenance release for NetBackup 7.5.  It is a cumulative release containing fixes and content from 7.5.0.1 through 7.5.0.5. In addition, this release contains almost 600 additional fixes (bringing the total fixes in 7.5.0.6 to over 1700!) including the most commonly downloaded EEBs, several customer escalations, and internal engineering defects.

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 includes the following proliferations and enhancements:

• YES, Windows Server 2012/8 is now supported!
  • db2 10.1 (snapshot support; streaming support was added in 7.5.0.5)
  • Exchange 2013
  • Hyper-V 2012
  • SharePoint 2013
  • SAP HANA client support - see this blog post for more information

To download 7.5.0.5, please visit the following page:

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Download Links
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH204644 (link is fixed - sorry about that!)

This is a MAINTENANCE Release for NetBackup (as opposed to a Release Update) - it can ONLY be applied on top of NetBackup 7.5.  (If you are currently running 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, or 7.1.0.x, you will need to upgrade to 7.5 before you can apply 7.5.0.6.)

Please note that maintenance releases are CUMULATIVE - that means that 7.5.0.6 contains all product fixes included in 7.5.0.1, 7.5.0.2, 7.5.0.3, 7.5.0.4 AND 7.5.0.5.  If you are currently running NetBackup 7.5, you may apply the 7.5.0.6 maintenanace release without installing 7.5.0.1, 7.5.0.3, 7.5.0.4 or 7.5.0.5.  In fact, if you are still running NetBackup 7.5, we would HIGHLY encourage applying 7.5.0.6!

To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in NetBackup 7.5.0.6, please refer to these Release Notes:

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Release Notes
 http://symantec.com/docs/DOC6396

The NetBackup 7.5 Late Breaking News has also been updated to reflect newly released fixes in 7.5.0.6 for some of our highest visibility issues:

NetBackup 7.5 Late Breaking News
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH178334

--

connectsig132.png

27 REPLIES 27

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks \o/ 

Note : Your links are bad (text is ok, but link is on 7.5.0.5 patch ;) )

igel2805
Level 2
Partner

Hi!

Downloadlink for 7.5.0.6 is http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204644

For Win8 / Win2012 there is an extra Download Package!! You must not upgrade, instead use the full Upgrade Package Direct-Link: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204661

BR Martin

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think that there is an error at the release notes at page 15.

Till now you cannot have a master server with lower patch than media server and clients.

olson
Level 2

I would like to install on Win2012 as master server. Is it anyhow possible with 7.5.0.6?

StefanosM
Level 6

no it is not supported . windows 2012 is supported only as client.
If you want a 2012 master or media server you have to wait for 7.6

olson
Level 2

Ok. thanks.

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

@Stefanos : Fourth number is not considered in the production version comparison between master/media/clients.

StefanosM
Level 6

You are saying that I can run a 7.5.0.0 (GA) master server with 7.5.0.6 media servers and 7.5.0.6 clients?

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes I do :)

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

StefanosM
Level 6

Interesting,

I missed this change. And as I can see, it is more than two years that had change.. :)

StefanosM
Level 6

yes,

I Had read this document and send it to my customers, several times the past year. But I always miss the part about the triple dot compatibility :(

Gautier_Leblanc
Level 5
Partner Accredited

It is very usefull to use 7.5.0.6 client with Win2012 without do a "big" upgrade of your master.

But I agree, it is recommanded to upgrade master and media.

CRZ
Level 6

Sorry, guys - apparently I changed the links but not the DESTINATION of the links, and they were still taking you to 7.5.0.5.  They should be fixed now and point to 7.5.0.6.

Steve_Lussiaud
Level 4

Hello,

I read the README file in the Windows2012CLT package and i have a question about the following line :

Client Direct/Client Side Dedupe/MSDP/PDDO are not supported

Does it mean that we CANNOT do a backup on a Windows 2012 client using MSDP or ClientSide Dedup ?

Right ?

CRZ
Level 6

Not necessarily... it just means it isn't supported.  I don't know if it's possible or not.  It doesn't matter to me as I won't support it.

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am using nb version 7.5.0.5 for backing up SQL and exchange GRT  backups 

And its working very fine

so will i need to upgrade it?

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

It is always best practices to be at the latest patchset as each release contains fixes from the previous release.  With that being said, always check the release notes and the compatibility guide BEFORE doing any upgrade.  For example : 7.5.0.6 does support exchange 2013, however will not support GRT with exchange 2013.  I know for sharepoint , the 7.5.0.6 includes a fix for status 2 backup failures.

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

thanks daneshia

it helps me daneshia