cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 (NetBackup 7.5 Maintenance Release 6) is now available!

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

(This is a crosspost from the Netting Out NetBackup blog)

I'm very pleased to announce that the next Maintenance Release for NetBackup 7.5 is now available!

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 is the sixth maintenance release for NetBackup 7.5.  It is a cumulative release containing fixes and content from 7.5.0.1 through 7.5.0.5. In addition, this release contains almost 600 additional fixes (bringing the total fixes in 7.5.0.6 to over 1700!) including the most commonly downloaded EEBs, several customer escalations, and internal engineering defects.

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 includes the following proliferations and enhancements:

• YES, Windows Server 2012/8 is now supported!
  • db2 10.1 (snapshot support; streaming support was added in 7.5.0.5)
  • Exchange 2013
  • Hyper-V 2012
  • SharePoint 2013
  • SAP HANA client support - see this blog post for more information

To download 7.5.0.5, please visit the following page:

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Download Links
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH204644 (link is fixed - sorry about that!)

This is a MAINTENANCE Release for NetBackup (as opposed to a Release Update) - it can ONLY be applied on top of NetBackup 7.5.  (If you are currently running 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, or 7.1.0.x, you will need to upgrade to 7.5 before you can apply 7.5.0.6.)

Please note that maintenance releases are CUMULATIVE - that means that 7.5.0.6 contains all product fixes included in 7.5.0.1, 7.5.0.2, 7.5.0.3, 7.5.0.4 AND 7.5.0.5.  If you are currently running NetBackup 7.5, you may apply the 7.5.0.6 maintenanace release without installing 7.5.0.1, 7.5.0.3, 7.5.0.4 or 7.5.0.5.  In fact, if you are still running NetBackup 7.5, we would HIGHLY encourage applying 7.5.0.6!

To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in NetBackup 7.5.0.6, please refer to these Release Notes:

NetBackup 7.5.0.6 Release Notes
 http://symantec.com/docs/DOC6396

The NetBackup 7.5 Late Breaking News has also been updated to reflect newly released fixes in 7.5.0.6 for some of our highest visibility issues:

NetBackup 7.5 Late Breaking News
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH178334

--

connectsig132.png

27 REPLIES 27

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In future when you agree with a post, just click on the yes button. 
That way, you give the person that you agree with one point (instead of giving yourself a point with the new comment).

Also, when you want to add to your post, select Actions -> Edit. 
No need to add a new comment.

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5

I have an appliance and tried applying the 2.5.3 (7.5.0.6 equivalent) patch and it keeps failing because the Disk Pool name isn't what is expected.  Why hardcode a name for the disk pool in the patch and not force that name to be used when the appliance is set up?  

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just a quick heads up to let you know that our French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese language packs for NetBackup 7.5.0.6 are now available!  More information can be found in this TechNote:

Symantec NetBackup™ 7.5.0.6 Language Packs provide localized user interfaces and documentation for NetBackup™ 7.5.0.6 Enterprise Server / Server on UNIX and Windows platforms.
 http://symantec.com/docs/TECH208558

epsilon22222
Level 4

Is there anyway we can get information on the embedded java versions that the software uses? Is the embedded java needed if we are not using the GUI or are there other processes that run off the java vm?

manatee
Level 6

previously when we upgraded from 7.5 to 7.5.0.5, the patch upgrade done on master server (redhat 6.x) rendered nbu unable to start.

this patch, 7.5.0.6, has no mention of dependencies (or even of redhat 6.x) that might affect nbu on redhat 6.x after the upgrade.

just saying.

NBdmecha
Level 4
Certified

We have almost 600 clients and because Netbackup 7.6 is close to be deployed (2014 first quarter hopefully) we won´t update them until that date.

We upgraded Master/Media servers in order to support Win2012 so for the rest of clients we will keep current version (7,1.0.4/7.5.0.5).

I won´t suggest that as a best practice but we can´t afford the upgrade of 600 clients two times in less than 6 months.

Priyeranjan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey Guys, 

I am looking for 7.5.0.6 Linux server package. Could you please help me with this?

Regards,

Priyeranjan

Priyeranjan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

I am looking for 7.5.0.6 binaries, the link shared in your post is no longer available. I am in  he process to recover old netbackup system 7.5.0.6 but we don't have the binaries. Appreciating if you could provide the link or share the software with me. 

My email ID : fsranjan@gmail.com

Thank you for your support.

BR,

Priyeranjan