cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.5 - NB client will not start because of Private Branch Exchange Service

Kwinter
Level 5

I have a system which the NetBackup Client 7.5.0.3 and will not start because of the following error from the Event Viewer:

>  A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Private Branch Exchange service to connect.  

> The Symantec Private Branch Exchange service failed to start due to the following error:

>The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

> A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Private Branch Exchange service to connect.

I have tried setting the time out to 60000, but it didn't work.   Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check your anti virus / application protection / firewall to make sure that the process is excluded from scanning and not being blocked

Hope this helps

Kwinter
Level 5

Thanks for the advice.

I tried changing the timeout from 30000 to 60000, but it didn't help for the problem I was expirencing.  Also check with our Antivirus admin and the following directory has been exclude:    C:\Program Files\Veritas\

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I would turn off antivirus and try re-installing / repairing and re-patching the NBU client - sounds like something is missing

hishammezher
Level 2

did anyone able to resolve this issue? I have tried all the twiks but still same issue. Uninstall Antivirus and reinstalled agent multiple times with full administrator rights but still PBX service is not starting.