cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.6 with NBAC - can't create cron user

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

I'm trying to get my login to were it's allowed to run commands from cron/bp_start_notify run scripts, but the command to use is giving me an error for which I cannot find any solution for.  In fact I'm having a hard time finding any real documentation on this command:

$ /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/nbac_cron -setupCron
This application will now create your cron and/or at identity.
Authentication Broker: masterservername.domain.com
Name: myuserid
Password: [masked]
One or more of Name, Password and domain are incorrect

I'm running 7.6.0.3 on RedHat 6.4. I'm able to use the "bpnbat -login" command just fine with the same credentials used in the above command.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

After a couple of support cases, and some addtional trial and error, I've created my own documentation:

http://worldhistory.spaldam.com/index.php?title=Authentication_Services_for_NetBackup#Account_Expiration

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

watsons
Level 6

Just an idea, is the current user you "bpnbat -login" as an "NBU_Security Admin"?

If so, I would enable the vxatd log level to see if it helps producing any useful message:

vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o 18 -s DebugLevel=6

But I am still not familiar with looking at nbatd logs, might want to call support if if necessary.

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

Yes, it is an "NBU_Security Admin", but the account I ultimatly need to be able to run automated scripts is probably going to be setup in a custom "read-only" group.

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

After a couple of support cases, and some addtional trial and error, I've created my own documentation:

http://worldhistory.spaldam.com/index.php?title=Authentication_Services_for_NetBackup#Account_Expiration

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

It still doesn't work as required, because the authentication is only valid for 24 hours and then has to be setup again.

Even using the "vssat" command to change the timeout period - even if that worked, which it doesn't - you can't change it just for the cron user; it affects all users equally.

I think this needs to go back to engineering to be fixed.