cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.7.2 policy scheduler losing changes in new Remote Console

Herb_P
Level 3

I recently upgraded my environment (master server running RedHat 6.4, media servers running CentOS 6.4 and NetApp Filers 8.2.1) from 7.6.0.4 to 7.7.2. I am trying to make changes to policy schedules thru the Remote Administration Console and once the changes are saved and I refresh the Policy panel the changes are reverted back to the original settings. The policy starts with a schedule of running Sundays from 00:00 - 07:00. If I duplicate the schedule for the rest of the week or if I add each week individually upons saving the Policy and refreshing the only entry is for Sunday. If I use bpshedrep and modify the schedule the changes are kept.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Herb_P
Level 3

I worked with Veritas Support and we narrowed down the problem to be schedules that are using the calendar type not frequency type. There is an EEB to fix this. The EEB contains a jar file. It is # 3869203. The fix will install on the master server only and you will need to get a different version of the EEB for your local desktop (use the -extractonly option and then copy the file), The next release is supposed to include this fix.

View solution in original post

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The EEB 3869203 code is included in NBU 8.0 / (3.0 for Appliance).  I checked this on the internal 'EEB' audit system that reports which NBU versions an EEB is included in.

Therefore, I can only recommend to log a new call and allow investigation to continue.

Either something else has 'broken' the 'EEB' or a new issue has occurred that has the same symptoms, but not the same cause.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Will_Restore
Level 6

Open a support case with Veritas.  First thing they will ask for is Webex session.  Second thing they will ask is lots of logs. 

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I've seen similar issues on a recently upgraded installation. I was doing a lot cut and pasting though but still, its shouldn't act that way.

If you get a patch, please let us know.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Thanks for the update. This will help others with similar issues.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Not all support staff request a webex straight away and logs are needed in most cases.

Herb_P
Level 3

I worked with Veritas Support and we narrowed down the problem to be schedules that are using the calendar type not frequency type. There is an EEB to fix this. The EEB contains a jar file. It is # 3869203. The fix will install on the master server only and you will need to get a different version of the EEB for your local desktop (use the -extractonly option and then copy the file), The next release is supposed to include this fix.

Just a FYI, after upgrading from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3 the issue came back. I opened a new case and I was told that there was a new patch and it can be found in the following tech note:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109333

I applied it and the issue was resolved again. I asked what release this would be incorporated in to and I was told 8.0.

I have just upgraded from V2.7.2 (772) to V3.0 (8.0) on the appliances and this issue appears till to be there.

Anyone have any update ?

AJ

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The EEB 3869203 code is included in NBU 8.0 / (3.0 for Appliance).  I checked this on the internal 'EEB' audit system that reports which NBU versions an EEB is included in.

Therefore, I can only recommend to log a new call and allow investigation to continue.

Either something else has 'broken' the 'EEB' or a new issue has occurred that has the same symptoms, but not the same cause.