cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7 - BAR GUI fails with "Exit Status 31: could not set user id for process

Kwinter
Level 5

This is weird, I am running NetBackup 7.01 on this client server (2008R2) and defined a user backup policy in NetBackup; but when I try to execute a backup either with the client GUI or with "bpbackup.exe -p UserBKP_SQL"; command it fails with a #31 exit status. Error Log: 16:18:06 2/15/2012: Backup Started 16:18:12 Initiating backup 16:18:18 INF - Starting bpbrm 16:18:26 ERR - setuid failed 16:18:26 INF - EXIT STATUS 31: could not set user id for process 16:18:28 INF - Server status = 31 16:18:30 INF - Backup by veritas on client hdcsqlqaw1 using policy UserBKP_SQL, sched User_Backup_FULL:could not set user id for process **** I have uploaded a screen shot of the backup policy. Also, the local "NetBackup client service" is set to "automatic" and works for restores.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As far as your command line goes you are using the -p option which says back me up using that policy - but that policy has no files in its selection list so will not work

Only other thing I have seen go back a bit - client service on client set to manual

As we are talking Windows 2008 did you open the BAR GUI using Run As Administrator and is the firewall turned off?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As far as your command line goes you are using the -p option which says back me up using that policy - but that policy has no files in its selection list so will not work

Only other thing I have seen go back a bit - client service on client set to manual

As we are talking Windows 2008 did you open the BAR GUI using Run As Administrator and is the firewall turned off?

Kwinter
Level 5

Thanks for the quick response.

the command line example, it did include the file path and file name of the item to backup, I just didn't include it in this forum.

OMG - I had forgotten to use "Run As Administrator".      :o

After "Run as Administrator" on the GUI and configuring the "Backup Policy and Schedule" inside the GUI to use what I had setup on Then NetBackup server.... it worked.

Thank you very much !

--Keith

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great - same would probably apply to the command window you opened to run the command in - need to open that as Admin as well, or if in a bat file run that as Admin as well

UAC - Got to love it!!