cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.x vCenter maximum?

teiva-boy
Level 6

How many vCenter's can I connect to from one NBU domain?  I've got 6, and I'm told I can only do 2 per domain.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

You can add as many ESX/VC and ESX restore servers as you want. Just make sure the backup host can reach every VC. If you have that many VCs you might want to consider pushing out another backup host,  but that really depends on how many backups you have to run per night.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

I am not 100% what you are asking, but are you asking in regards to 'limit jobs per policy' ?

VCB had a best practice of 4, however since NBU7 uses the vStorage API no limit exist anymore. It really depends on how powerful your vmware env. is.

or...

did you mean how many NFC connections can you create?

Also what version of the VC are we talking about?

teiva-boy
Level 6

I'm asking about, how many different independent vcenters can I add into NBU to perform backups of the hosts/guests?  I've been told that each master can handle only 2 vcenters maximum, where I have 6 for different groups in the org (e.g. Dev, prod_db, Prod_app, QA, etc)

If I can add all 6 vcenters into my master, and backup any and all hosts from them, great.  Problem solved.  If there is a limitation to how many NBU can support or address as I was told, then I need to deploy more masters and have new NBU domains.

vSphere 4.1

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

You can add as many ESX/VC and ESX restore servers as you want. Just make sure the backup host can reach every VC. If you have that many VCs you might want to consider pushing out another backup host,  but that really depends on how many backups you have to run per night.