Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 8.1.1 don't detect IBM TS4300 robot

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I just installed a brand new IBM TS4300 tape library and connected it to my windows 2012R2 media server. Tape drives automatically shows on device manager. So I startet device configuration wizard that finds the drives, but are not seeing the library it self.

From the 8.x HCL IBM TS4300 is supported but states that a IBM mini changer driver needs to be installed.
I´m having a hard time finding the driver, and not sure if that is the correct way forwared.
https://origin-download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/OSVC/100032000/100032807/en_US/nbu_80_hcl...

Search for TS4300 to se the reference.

Please advice!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Okay, so problem has been solved.
the IBM TS4300 library is a partitionalble library, so reason for us not seing robotiks was that some basic configuration had to be carried out.
We installed drivers as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is NOT a NetBackup issue - if the IBM driver is needed, then you need to search the IBM Support site or ask your IBM reseller for assistance.

(It seems that you need and IBMid logon account to download drivers)

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi @Marianne ,

I dont think it is a NBU problem either, I´ve think I´ve found drives and are going to test it out a bit later today.
I was a bit surprised, thought the issues with drives more or less was issues from years back :)

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Okay, so problem has been solved.
the IBM TS4300 library is a partitionalble library, so reason for us not seing robotiks was that some basic configuration had to be carried out.
We installed drivers as well.