cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 8.1.2 client upgrade from GUI using alternate stage directory

HPosenRU
Level 4

I am trying to upgrade some of my Solaris 11 clients to 8.1.2 but they do not have enough space in /usr/openv. Is there a way to specify a different tmp location to save and run the installation from?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Support is telling me that the new program currently does not have any way to to specify an alternate directory. Their only recommendation so far is to link /usr/openv/tmp to another directory that has more space.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems that you have 2 problems:

1. Insufficient space in /usr/openv
2. Insufficient space in /tmp

For the 1st issue, you can move the openv directory to another filesystem with more space and then create a symbolic link to /usr. Your Unix/Linux sysadmin should be able to assist. 

For insufficient /tmp, you can specify TMPDIR or NB_TMPDIR variable before starting installation script. 

Marianne,

Thank you for your response. I am trying to not involve the SAs for these upgrades but if I have to I will.

I am performing the upgrades via the Deployment Management in the Admin Console GUI. How can I set these variables from there?

Thank you,

Herb

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Deployment Management uses vxupdate in the background.
I have no experience with this utility and know even less about its 'inner workings'. 

In previous versions where Unix/Linux Client binaries were installed on the master and pushed out with update_clients, we could edit the install_client script(s) on the master to change variables:
TMPDIR=/tmp
OPENV_DIR=/usr/openv

I do not believe that this is possible with vxupdate. (If so, hopefully someone will tell us how...)
Clients with insufficient space in either /tmp or in /usr/openv will probably need to be upgraded manually.

Thank you. I will open a support case and update this discussion with their answer.

Support is telling me that the new program currently does not have any way to to specify an alternate directory. Their only recommendation so far is to link /usr/openv/tmp to another directory that has more space.