cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 8.1 on NetBackup Appliance - SAP Integration

Tobias_P_
Level 4

Hello,

At the moment we're testing a DEMO NetBackup Appliance and I have some questions I couldn't find any answer in the guides.

1. Client Deduplication: if I add a policy for a simple filesystem backup and set the client in the master server properties to "prefer client dedup" I can see in the log that client dedup is using "Using OpenStorage client direct to backup from client", if I add a policy for SAP I cannot find something about that in the SAP backup log. I also see that with client dedup "nothing" is going over ethernet (NIC), but SAP backup is still sending every datafile over ethernet to the appliance. In the Activity Monitor I can see a Deduplication Rate about 90%, for me, it seems that every data is send to the appliance and Target Side deduplication is running. ?

- any idea what I'm missing?

2. Start backup via DB13 (SAP integrated backup planner): I'm not able to start a SAP backup via DB13 with SAP user SAPServiceSID. On SAP server, windows command line as SIDadm I'm able to start database backups (brbackup). In the Admin guide for SAP I found the section "Configuring the logon account for the NetBackup", but I cannot enter SAPServiceSID user as logon user, because this user didn't have the rights to logon to the server. In Backup Excec I must add this user to the local admin group to start a backup, but I don't found any options to set up the SAPServiceSID user.

- every guide say, backup via brtools and yes, SAP is using brtools but with another user, how can I use SAPServiceSID user?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Tobias

1 REPLY 1

Tobias_P_
Level 4

Hello,

To question one, today I added a couple of server to netbackup and that server backups their data via client deduplication. Log: "Using OpenStorage client direct to backup"

For all server every setting are the same, same policy, same *.utl file settings, same master server client settings, "use always client deduplication", but two of them don't using client deduplication. The only difference is the OS, working server running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, the other ones Windows Server 2012 R2. But both are named as supported OS for client side deduplication.

Any idea what I'm done wrong?

EDIT: Soltution - NetBackup added both servers in upper case to the master server properties, after deleting both and added them in lower case, client dedup is working.. ^^

Thanks and best regards,

Tobias