cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 8.3+ webgui user recovery

Genericus
   VIP   

After upgrading from 8.1.2 to 8.3.0.1 all my web gui users were cleared.

Veritas response:

After the upgrade to NetBackup 8.3 is complete, a user may use the RBAC user migration tool available in the NetBackup 8.3 installation's goodies directory (Ex: /usr/openv/NetBackup/bin/goodies/rbac_user_migration) to optionally reconfigure some of the existing RBAC configuration to the new model in NetBackup 8.3. 

A Perl script version of this tool may be obtained from https://sort.veritas.com/public/netbackup/rbac/rbac_user_migration.pl

Note: Only the current Backup Administrator and Security Administrator roles are convertible. In addition, note that the new Administrator role has all access to everything, which is different from the previous Backup Administrator role.  

The options available will be  

1. To move backup admins to the Administrator role and  
  2. Create a Security Administrator role and re-add those users previously members of the NetBackup 8.2 (or below) Security Administrator role. 

Note: For option 2, note that the Administrator role has all permissions, including those of the previous Security Administrator role.

So I asked if there was a way to recover users if removed?

If someone removes all users, is there a way to restore them? NO

So - VOX users - is there a way to backup and recover the web gui users? Similar to the /usr/openv/java/auth.conf file?

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS
1 REPLY 1

pats_729
Level 6
Employee
Hello
As far as I know RBAC and NBAC configuration are part of either NBDB or NBAZDB. So no way to recover users separately.

With 812 there wasn’t much to do from WebUI not sure what was being achieved. Well there is standard practice that says to reconfigure RBAC after upgrade to 8.3.0.1. You may want reconfigure RBAC if upgrade is successful.