cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup API reverse engineering?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

does not API have some possibility of reverse engineering? E.g. input is an existing policy for example, and I would appreciate some tool which will generate required POST /config/policies call for its creation.

Michal

3 REPLIES 3

StefanosM
Level 6

In the past I had to create a cmd script with rest api calls for a program that hasn't any manual about rest api.

I used the browser tools to capture and analyze the calls so I can found how to work with them.
I do not know why you need it for netbackup, check this link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38913799/how-to-open-the-correct-devtools-console-to-see-output-...

I understand that maybe there are browser plugins that do your job easier but I do not know them

Hi @Michal_Mikulik1 

If there is an equivalent WebUI function, then you should be able to use the Chrome inspect (network) function to examine the API call made (I used this recently to help someone else with the incorrect documentation provided). 

David

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

my use case is a creation of several RBAC roles with a pretty complicated subset of permissions in several NBU domains. So my thought was to create these roles+their permissions manually in the first NBU domain, then to use this "reverse eng tool" to generate lists of API calls for their creation, and then apply these API calls to other (10-12) NBU domains thus redistribute these roles easily. 

Regards

Michal