cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Admin Console GUI - Restore behavior

David_McMullin
Level 6

I have a group that runs backups and keeps them forever. They have the single largest directory in my db/images filesystem.
By default, when they do a restore, it selects ALL these to restore from, and if the Windows admin is not careful, he leaves these selected when he goes to view the files to restore - which uncompresses ALL these images.

A) this means is takes forever for him to do trhe restore because of the uncompression
B) this means the next image cleanup process takes forever as it recompresses these images

Is there a way to modify the behavior of the GUI so that ALL the backups are not selected automatically?

if you have a bunch of backups, and use Backup History to select the restore, even if you select one specific backup, it will select ALL of them.
You have to go BACK into Backup History and re-select in order to limit the selection.

Anyone figured out how to prevent this from happening?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

select File > Netbackup Client Properties.

Unselect the Perform Default Search tick box. ***EDIT*** on each console used!

We do this to save time especially when opening up either of our filers or the master servers images. It doesn't populate the bottom window(s).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

select File > Netbackup Client Properties.

Unselect the Perform Default Search tick box. ***EDIT*** on each console used!

We do this to save time especially when opening up either of our filers or the master servers images. It doesn't populate the bottom window(s).

David_McMullin
Level 6
Thanks!

I found I can set that in the client host properties box, under the Windows Client/CLient Settings - I unchecked the Perform default search for restore - seems to do the trick!