cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Administration Console Timed Out

rossxu
Level 4

First of all, the NetBackup Administration Console takes very long time to log in.

When I click Activity Monitor or Policies, it takes even longer time to get the display. It stays in the hour glass for about 1 minute and then get error showing:

"The operation timed out. The operation has exceeded the time out limit, thought the service or daemon may still be processing the request (195)", or

"Could not get Class_all_defs information: The operation timed out. ..."

As a result I think, I can't edit any backup policy. When double click a policy, it just does not open.

It was slow before, but it is getting worse. BTW, the master server is the Appliance 5230 v3.0.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Ross

5 REPLIES 5

GeForce123
Level 5

Have you upgraded recently?

What changes have been made recently?

What version of NBU are you running?

How long has the admin console been slow / having this issue for?

Yes, I upgraded it from 7.7.3 (2.7.3) to 8.0 (3.0) recently. After the upgrade, it was slow, but I could still work on it. But it's getting worse, and it is timed out all the time now.

Other than the upgrade, I didn't make any changes.

My admin console is on the same subnet as the master server/appliance.

Thanks,

Ross

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

How many memory have you configured for Java admin console?

Memory requirements to run the NetBackup Administration Console
Veritas recommends that you run the console (jnbSA, jbpSA, or the Remote Administration Console) on a computer with at least 1 gigabyte of physical memory and 256 megabytes of memory available to the application

Regards,

Thiago Ribeiro

The memory on the machine running admin console is 4GB.

It's a dedicated Windows 2012R2 to run the admin console. It shouldn't be a performance issue on this machine.

Thanks,

Ross

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you see this TN?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000016835

Regards,

Thiago Ribeiro