I encountered below error when login to NetBackup Administration Console.
"unable to login, status:526 Cannot connect to the PBX service. Make sure the service is up. Check the log filke for more details"
This is a new setup on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Refer to attached logs
Please check Windows Firewall - it is probably blocking port 1556.
If you can, disable Windows Firewall.
If GUI connection now succeeds, add rule in Windows Firewall for port 1556.
I did not see anything useful in the logs, other than entries like these:
Client ack value is: 25, server hint 25 [49261->1556]
My interpretation was 'status 25', which means unable to connect on port 1556.
Please log a Support call with Veritas.
They will ask for higher level logging and probably for java logs as well.
The console is launched in the same server where Netbackup server was installed.
I can't log support call with Veritas as i'm doing a POC in my UAT environment.
As long as you are licensed you should be able to log a support call. If you have capacity based licensing, then I very much doubt that your PoC has taken you over license limits. Or, if you have traditional licensing, then you are allowed to spin up "DR test" servers for short periods a couple of times a year.
Thanks for your reply.
i opened admin console using "run as administrator"
any other settings to check as this is a new setup, running on Windows Server 2012 R2
1) The Veritas Private Branch Exchange Service is started?
2) You did follow the steps to create the special NetBackup web service user and group?
3) You have checked the NetBackup certificates?
4) The server hostname and DNS name and NetBackup Master Server name are all consistent?
5) You are logging on at NetBackup admin console logon dialog box using a valid (not locked, not expired) full administrator account?
6) The server has a valid non-APIPA IP address and can ping itself?
1) Service stared
3) Where to check? i don't see the cert in my trusted root certification authorities.
4) Yes, server not join to domain
All backup admins must read this about NetBackup certificates:
And this guide will explain how to setup and use certificates:
Troubleshooting a hosts' own certificates:
Troubleshooting certificate revocation:
And are you sure the Windows firewall is off?
netsh advfirewall show allprofiles state
also don't forget to restart the Master as a first troubleshooting step. :-)
So, this is a new installation that has never worked?
Something tells me that something basic is wrong - we cannot say what exacly.
My suggestion is that you start again - confirm all pre-reqs (like the Smartmeter key, web user, etc), then re-install.
NBU is supposed to work after successful installation.