cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Agent running on NT4

Darktan
Level 3
Hey folks.

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

I'm pretty familar with Veritas Backup Exec but at my new job we're using NetBackup. Seems to work well and I have no issues so far. But we just discovered an NT4 server that is not being backed up at all and we'd like to have it in the rotation. I did some reading and found that the agent I should be using is 4.5 (our version of NetBackup on the server is 6.0). Problem is, I can't seem to find the install for the 4.5 agent. Does anyone have a quick link they could post? My Google-fu seems weak today.

Thank you

Peace

5 REPLIES 5

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Given your 6.0 server, may I recommend a 5.x client instead?  There should be an agent for NT 4 included in the Windows install of any 5.0 or 5.1 media kit.*

I don't believe the 4.5 agent is publicly available any more - it was EOL'd back in 2006** - you may need to open a case inquiring about its availability if you can't dig up a 4.5 (or 4.5 FP/MP3, or 4.5 FP/MP6) media kit.

*Veritas NetBackup (tm) 5.x Operating System Compatibility (updated July 16 2007)

**NetBackup DataCenter Release Details

nox
Level 4
I use 5.0MP6 client on NT4, I just did a install the other day, same as with every other windows install, ie, install base client, install MP6. The master server is 6.5.1 so I know it works.

Darktan
Level 3
If the 5.x agent will work, I'm all for it. I'd just read that the 4.5 agent was the 'most stable'.

Now finding old media will probably be nigh impossible. This place is so mixed up it's scary. My office was used as a impromptu store room just before I came and I found 7 MSDN subscriptions never opened. Maybe the media is around here somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Stumpr2
Level 6
ebay?

Ed_Carter
Level 4
Certified
Yep 5MP6 is what I use on NT4 clients and works well. If your really stuck let me know I'm sure I can get a copy to you somehow.