cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Backup/Restore Problem, BAR can not show any backup

Sp_tech
Level 3

Hi All,

I take two my server backup with same policy, Backup completed succesfuly almost a month, now I need to restore some files in last backup but BAR can not show any backup about this host,

How can I restore this backup ?

Screenshots attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Is it just the case that you've mixed FQDN with non-FQDN?

First & second attachments *seem* to show non-FQDN for "dzc_..." whereas it looks as if the 3rd could be showing a FQDN. You need to specify the same client name used in the policy in the restore.

Unless things have changed since I used NB in anger (NB6.5.6) you should use the same format (FQDN or non-FQDN) *throughout* your NetBackup environment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

watsons
Level 6

Screenshot #2 shows that your backup image was created on 10 & 15 July 2013, not really a month ago (that you mentioned).

Screenshot #3 does not really tell us much, will be better showing us how you select the "restore" on the BAR GUI before you click on the "restore".

Sp_tech
Level 3

Dear Watsons,

I add this screenshot because I need to this backup, I can see other backups in catalog too

I'm not  Restore section because I cant even select Backup/Restore Host on Specify Netbackup Machines and Policy Type section, when I choose the backup/restore client then I take this error ( Secreenshot 3 )

watsons
Level 6

I see. Can you provide a screenshot of the "specify netbackup machine" window, just right before you get this error (screenshot #3)?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Is it just the case that you've mixed FQDN with non-FQDN?

First & second attachments *seem* to show non-FQDN for "dzc_..." whereas it looks as if the 3rd could be showing a FQDN. You need to specify the same client name used in the policy in the restore.

Unless things have changed since I used NB in anger (NB6.5.6) you should use the same format (FQDN or non-FQDN) *throughout* your NetBackup environment.

Sp_tech
Level 3

How can I missed that,

Thanks for your reply