cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Client Token for second master server

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

When installing a netbackup 8.1 windows client I was asked to supply an authorisation token from the master server. I generated this on the master server, added it during the client installation and everything completed as expected.

I now want a second master server to be able to access this client (these two master servers replicate using AIR) and I want to be able run restores from either master server. How do I add an authorisation token from the second master server to the same client?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

By installing the certificate from the second master by hand I was told at Vision.

You probably will have to use to the command line tool nbcertcmd as there as far I know is nowhere to do in the client GUI.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

CadenL

just in case it's useful to anyone the command is:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master>

If the master server global security is set to high then you'll first need to generate a token on the master server and use the -token switch in the command line:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master> -token <token>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

By installing the certificate from the second master by hand I was told at Vision.

You probably will have to use to the command line tool nbcertcmd as there as far I know is nowhere to do in the client GUI.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

CadenL

just in case it's useful to anyone the command is:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master>

If the master server global security is set to high then you'll first need to generate a token on the master server and use the -token switch in the command line:

nbcertcmd -getcertificate -server <NBU Master> -token <token>