cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Clustered Master Upgrade 7.0.1 to 7.1 FA (now GA)

Alex_
Level 2

We have upgraded our existing environment from 7.0.1 to 7.1, with only one issue so far:

Our two clustered master servers running on MS Server 2008 Ent. R2 64 bit on VFS 5.1 SP1 (debated installing Server 2008 sp1 and VFS 5.1 SP2, but not carried out beforehand) were upgraded follwing the relevant 7.1 installation and admin guides, follwing pre-requisires and passed all pre-installation and cluster configuration checks 100%. Install completed 100% as reported by the installer reports.

After installation the "NetBackup VCS" service was missing from VFS console (IP, Lanman, MountV, NIC, and VMDg all okay).

Install guide mentions if there is an issue to run bpclusterutil.  ( -iscluster, -isactive, -vname and -shareddiskpath = all okay)

Shared EMM database okay and can be switched okay.

Services on the original active (online) Master all running and Admin Console shows same state and configuration and catalog as before upgrade. 

Have considered running bpclusterutil -c or bpclusterutil -ci, but do not know the implications of doing this, such as whether this will have an adverse affect.

1. Has anyone else experienced this? (Others have installed the FA release, but have these been on Clustered Master servers)

2. More importantly does anyone know how the "NetBackup VCS" service item can be restored or recreated, as it is normally only created on a fresh install? (Any information from version 7.0.x or 6.5.x may be relevant.)

(Have been on hold for more than 8 hours waiting to get through to Symantec support technicians, having been cut off twice after 2.5 and 1 hours.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_
Level 2

Okay all this waiting around has given me time to understand and secure my own solution.

bpclusterutil -c (... bringing online after re-reading the registry configs, which all appear to be intact did the trick)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alex_
Level 2

Okay all this waiting around has given me time to understand and secure my own solution.

bpclusterutil -c (... bringing online after re-reading the registry configs, which all appear to be intact did the trick)